Roommate Information

Roommates are only allowed in Tanglewood Village. There are requirements of students wishing to live together as roommates. Please read carefully, as there are many things to consider.

Roommate Requirements

In order to request roommate, you must meet the following conditions:

• Currently live in or have accepted an offer to live in a Tanglewood Village non-efficiency apartment.

• Apply to live in Graduate and Family Housing

• Meet Graduate and Family Housing eligibility requirements

• Be the same sex as the Primary Resident

Frequently Asked Questions

In short, residents must find their own roommate. The Graduate and Family Housing staff cannot assist residents or applicants with finding a roommate.
Rent and electricity bills will be divided in half and charged to each resident. Depending on when a roommate moves in, account adjustments may be necessary.
No, there may only be two roommates.
To avoid any additional rent charges, a resident must submit a Notice of Intent to Vacate at least 60 days in advance of moving out. At the time a roommate submits a Notice of Intent to Vacate, the other roommate in the apartment will be notified and will have the option to move out at the same time. If the remaining roommate chooses to stay in the apartment or does not respond to the notice given when the first Notice of Intent to Vacate was submitted, he or she will assume fully responsibility for the rent once the departing roommate’s obligation ends. If you or your roommate are considering moving out please contact us at so we can answer any questions you might have.
It is possible, however the transferring resident would be considered as moving out and would need to provide 60 days’ notice to avoid excess rent charges.
Both the primary and secondary roommates will receive apartment keys. Only one mailbox key is provided per apartment and it will be given to the primary resident.