Location: Graham Area
The Black Cultural Living Learning Community at the University of Florida welcomes all students and is a space to live, learn, and lead together in a multicultural environment. The BCLLC is a partnership with Black Affairs at UF, and supports its mission, vision, and values–including multiculturalism, inclusion, and dialogue. Residents will participate in intentional academic and co-curricular experiences exploring the Black experience and supporting holistic success at UF. We invite you to be part of the first cohort of the BCLLC! Let’s make a difference together.
• Support the recruitment, retention, and persistence to graduation of UF’s talented Black students
• Establish cohort experience and an environment of peer-to-peer support
• Create a safe and open space for discussion of personal experiences and current events
• Create opportunities for students to cultivate relationships with Black UF alumni, government officials, industry leaders, and local business owners
• Provide connections with key stakeholder areas on campus, including Multicultural and Diversity Affairs, Black Affairs, UMatter, and the African American Studies Program
• Create opportunities for students to explore Black history and art, particularly at the local level
• Facilitate students’ access and integration to UF culture, organizations, and campus resources
Residential initiatives in the Black Cultural LLC are focused around the 10 Community Pillars, a model developed especially for this community after extensive research and benchmarking, and in collaboration with UF students, faculty, and staff:
• Cultural Competence
• Professional Development
• Social Justice
How to Join:
Shortly after the official notification is sent to students admitted to the University of Florida, the Housing Assignments Office will send housing contracts to students that have an active housing application on file. Students who complete the Housing contract process (sign the contract and pay the prepayment) will be able to indicate hall/room preferences. During that time you will be asked if you are interested in living in an LLC and if so, which one. Simply indicate Black Cultural LLC at Graham Hall as your choice. If your preference turns blue, it has been saved, and you will be preassigned into your selected room type, and with your selected roommate, if applicable.