Graduate and Family Housing Transfers

The transfer process is intended to assist current student who have a change in circumstances with regards to the following: marital status, dependent children, and disability. When the number of family members living in an apartment increases or an unforeseen medical condition arises, a transfer may be necessary. When a student submits a transfer request for one of these reasons, we do our best to find alternate housing within our Villages that accommodates the change of circumstance.

We also realize that occasionally, a current students may want to transfer to a different village or apartment for other reasons (to be closer to a particular part of campus, to change school zones, to change floors or other personal preferences). We often cannot accommodate these types of transfers due to the high demand for Graduate and Family Housing. However, we will do our best to accommodate as many requests as possible. Please note, you must live in the village for at least six months before requesting a transfer, and that convenience transfers such as these are never guaranteed.

Transfer Costs

There are no upfront costs for transfers. However, once a transfer happens, there is a $75 transfer fee, and residents will be required to pay for rent and electricity costs for both apartments for the number of days it takes to move from one apartment to the other.

Notice of Intent to Vacate

While students who transfer may not be required to fulfill a 60 day rent obligation period for their old apartment, they must still move out of their apartment promptly to avoid improper checkout fees.

Things to Consider

Please note that while we try our best to accommodate every request that we can. However, it may not be possible.

  • It typically takes two months for a transfer, however, this could take longer in some situations
  • To keep rental rates low for all residents, transfers that may have a negative effect on occupancy will not be granted.
  • Documentation may be required for some transfer requests.
  • Students must be in good standing concerning rent, student conduct or other reasons to be transferred to another apartment.

Do you have questions?

Contact us with any inquires regarding the transfer process.

Email Us