Live. Learn. Lead.
The Resident Assistant (RA) is an integral position within the Department of Housing and Residence Education (DOHRE). The RA position successfully merges student leadership and student employment.
As an RA you will
- Live on a floor housing 25 to 65 students
- Be responsible for promoting a community environment for personal growth and development of all residents
- Be the focal point for the day-to-day operation of your floor
We are looking for
- a community builder
- a resource for resident needs
- a crisis/conduct/department community standard manager
- a staff team member
- a positive representative of the department
We know this diversity of roles and responsibilities is challenging. We ask our RAs to develop and maintain organizational and interpersonal skills. Our RAs lead within the supervision and direction of a Graduate Hall Director (GHD) and a Professional Residence Life and Education Coordinator/Director.
- Must have attended a pre-application RA position information session
- Enrolled as a full-time student in good standing as defined by the University at the time of actual employment
- Have a 2.5 cumulative and semester GPA the semester before employment
- Have a 20 hr FTE available at time of employment
- Be able to return to campus early for staff training if hired
Academic Year 2018/2019 Application Info
|Day of Week||Date||Info Session||Location||Time|
|Monday||11/27/2017||RA Info session||Graham Gallery||5:10pm - 6:10pm|
|Thursday||11/30/2017||RA Info session||Graham Gallery||3pm - 4pm|
|Sunday||12/3/2017||RA Info session||Cypress Gathering Room||8pm - 9pm|
|Monday||1/8/2018||RA Info session||Cypress Gathering Room||3:55pm - 4:55pm|
- The application will be posted at Careers at UF on 1/3/18 through 1/12/2018
- The applicant screening and interview process will be conducted January/February 2018
- We will extend offers at the end of February 2018
If you have any questions regarding the Resident Assistant position and application process, please contact the Student Learning and Engagement office at 352-392-2171 ext. 10668 or email HRERLETrainingRecruitment@housing.ufl.edu.