Housing Master Plan
In support of enhancing the Gator student experience, the Housing Master plan provides both a vision and road map for the creation of new residential facilities and and upgrades, among other projects. The plan aims to support a signature UF experience, contribute to a vibrant campus life, balance financial accessibility with quality facilities, and maintain student choice and fiscal responsibility.
As part of the background research conducted, undergraduate and graduate students were surveyed in the fall of 2018. Survey topics included housing preferences, the impact of living on campus, and experiences living off campus. The themes the emerged as very important to our students were proximity to campus, quality of housing facility, ability to choose roommates and cost.
Also noted in the results, student strongly agree or agree:
- Living on campus helped to acclimate them to live as a student (92%)
- Provided them with a sense of community (77%)
- Positively influenced their academic performance (80%)
- Provide them with a safe and secure environment (93%)
- Provided them with a convenient living option (95%)
- Positively influenced their utilization of campus resources (86%)
- More than 86% of students reported that living on campus enhanced their overall experience at UF
The first project slated to be completed is the Honors Village.
Frequently Asked Questions
The residential complex would be located behind Broward Hall.
Maguire/University Village Housing (UVS)
Frequently Asked Questions
- In Fall 2020, we began a phased approach to permanently closing Maguire/UVS to lessen the impact on current residents, and started the transfer process to other villages. Through this phased approach, we no longer accepted new housing contracts to live in these 2 facilities.
- - On/By June 25th, 2023, residents of UVS/Maguire must vacate facilities
- - The facilities should be completely closed by July 1st, 2023
For current residents, we are identifying the buildings/apartments that need to be phased out first and those residents if they wish to live with us can transfer to another apartment in Maguire/UVS or Graduate and Family Housing Village. If a resident of those facilities wants to get out of their lease, we will honor that request.
For future residents, no future contracts will be accepted for Maguire/UVS village. This will allow us to better accommodate transfer requests, if requested for current residents.
Construction on the University of Florida campus is ongoing with various completion dates between September 2022 and August 2023. Construction-related noise is expected for Jennings, Yulee, Mallory, Reid, Cypress, Beaty East, Beaty West, Hume East, Hume West, Broward, and Rawlings.