UF Housing is Where Gators Live
Living on-campus, means being in the center of all the action and being moments away from your classes and friends. Don't wait to apply for Housing! Housing is not reserved for first-year students, so applying early allows you to secure your spot in line for your room selection.
Take the first steps and apply to live on campus. Your application date is used to determine when you will receive your housing agreement and where you will be living. So submit your application as soon as possible. Applications have a $25 non-refundable application fee.
Complete your housing agreement by reviewing the terms and conditions and submitting your $225 advance rent payment before May 1. Your housing agreement ensures you a space in a residence hall but does not guarantee a specific building, room type or room rate. Remember to submit your agreement before May 1.
Preferences and Assignments
Once your agreement is complete, it’s time to start selecting preferences! Preferences will help guide and prepare you for your room assignment. While preferences are not guaranteed, our team does our absolute best to match you with your choices. Preferences include building, Living Learning Community, and roommate. Room selection will begin in late May and run through the month of June.
With your preference submitted, it’s time to select a room. You will receive an email with your appointment time. This time is determined by when you completed your Student Housing Application. At your scheduled appointment time, you can select your preferred room. If you are in a roommate group, the person with the earliest appointment time amongst their roommates will select the housing assignments on behalf of the roommate group for the same room/unit
With your application submitted, housing agreement complete, and your room assigned, you are now set to live life in the Swamp. We will send you details about packing, community expectations, and the move-in process closer to your first semester.
- June 1 and 2, 2023: Summer B room selection appointments
- June 5, 2023: Summer B room selection closes
- Week of June 12, 2023: Living Learning Community room selection appointments
- Week of June 19, 2023: Fall room selection appointments
- June 30, 2023: Fall room selection closes
- Summer B Move-In: Begins at 10 a.m. Wednesday, June 28 (move-in appointments are required to check in). More details will be provided in June.
- Fall Move-In: Thursday, August 18, Friday, August 19, and Saturday, August 20 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day (move-in appointments are required to check-in). More details will be provided in late summer.
- Spring Move-In: More details provided in Fall.