UF Housing is Where Gators Live
Living on-campus, means being in the center of all the action and being moments away from your classes and friends. Don't wait to apply for Housing! Housing is not reserved for first-year students, so applying early allows you to secure you spot in line and betters your chances of being offered your building and room of choice.
Take the first steps and apply to live on campus. Your application date is used to determine when you will receive your housing agreement and where you will be living. So submit your application as soon as possible. Applications have a $25 non-refundable application fee.
Complete your housing agreement by reviewing the terms and conditions and submitting your $225 advance rent payment by the due date. Your housing agreement ensures you a space in a residence hall but does not guarantee a specific building or room type. Remember to submit your agreement by the due date in your offer email.
Preferences and Assignments
Once your agreement is complete, it’s time to start selecting preferences! Preferences will help guide and prepare you for your room assignment. While preferences are not guaranteed, our team does our absolute best to match you with your choices. Preferences include building, roommate, and Living Learning Community. Building assignments will begin in May.
Identify Your Space
With your preferences submitted, it’s time for building selection and assignments. As we get closer to this time, we will let you know if you are selecting your room during building selection or if our housing staff will be determining your room selection. We will detail more information over the next several weeks.
With your application submitted, housing agreement complete, and your room assigned, you are now set to live life in the Swamp. We will send you details about packing, community expectations, and the move-in process closer to your first semester.
- September 2022 to November 1, 2022: Priority application period for UF Admissions
- September 2022 through Summer 2023: Housing applications available
- February 24, 2023: UF Admissions decision
- February-March 2023: GatorLink creation and access UFL email
- February 28, 2022: Housing information email
- March-May 2023: Housing agreements sent weekly to incoming housing applicants
- March-May 13, 2022: Update housing assignment preferences
- May 1, 2023: Housing accommodation request deadline
- May 1, 2023: Last day to cancel incoming student housing agreements for any reason
- May 2-5, 2023: Housing accommodation assignments begin
- May 14, 2023: Assignment preferences due in the Housing Portal
- May 15-19, 2023: Living Learning Community assignments begin
- May 22-26, 2023: Summer B building selection by appointment
- May 30, 2023: Innovation Academy assignments begin
- June 6-9, 2023: Fall building selection by appointment
- June 9, 2023: Summer assignment and roommate selection revealed (random roommates)
- July 7, 2023: Fall assignment and roommate information revealed
- Summer B Move-In: More details to be provided in late May.
- Fall Move-In: More details to be provided in late summer.
- Spring Move-In: More details provided in Fall.