Non-Enrolled Petition

To continue residing in Graduate and Family Housing during periods when not enrolled in classes, students must seek approval by the end of the previous semester's last day of classes.

Semester Off

If you plan to stay for a semester without class enrollment, you must fit into one of these categories:

  • Currently enrolled degree-seeking students may stay for the next semester but cannot take two consecutive semesters off.
  • Non-graduating residents who were not enrolled in any classes in the previous semester cannot request an extension and must enroll in courses.

To request an extension beyond the required move-out date, please complete the form below. For inquiries, contact

All Graduate and Family Housing residents must submit a Notice of Intent to Vacate 60 days before moving out. Failure to do so may result in a charge of up to 60 days' rent after moving out.

Graduating Students

Students currently enrolled and graduating this semester may petition for a one-semester extension.